Best answer

Apply condition IF...ELSE in Zapier

Userlevel 1

Because there is no AND condition for searching both Lead and Contact in Salesforce, is there any IF...ELSE with Zapier filter that we could use. I can adjust my current workflow to use IF...ELSE as alternatives for AND condition.

My goal is to check the email does not existing in Lead and Contact in order to save a new record in Salesforce; otherwise, it will cause an error in Zapier task about duplicated records.

icon

Best answer by SamB 1 October 2021, 15:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @Saastronomical ,

So there is no option to test for Professional plan besides upgrade existing account. Thanks for your reply. I will discuss with my team.

Regards,
Nguonchhay

Userlevel 1

Hi @Saastronomical ,

Thanks for your article. Let me try and I will get back to again if I have more question.

Regards,
Nguonchhay

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to pop in here for anyone looking to build a similar workflow, but doesn’t want to upgrade to the Professional plan, to suggest using Filter by Zapier instead of Paths.

With Filter you could handle this in a single Zap using the following steps:

1. Trigger: New Form Submission in Gravity Forms 
2. Action: Find Record in Salesforce (searches for the lead and also has the option to create one if an existing lead record isn’t found)
3. Action: Only continue if _zap_search_was_found_status field is false in Filter by Zapier (meaning that no existing lead was found)
4. Action: Find Record in Salesforce (searches for the contact and has the option to create one if an existing contact record isn’t found)
5. Action: Only continue if _zap_search_was_found_status field is true in Filter by Zapier (means that an existing contact was found)
6. Action: Update Record in Salesforce (use the ID number for the contact found by step 4 so that the Zap knows which contact to update) 

And for other ways to handle If/Else logic in a Zap you may want to check out this related thread: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey! What’s to stop you using paths here for this use case?

You can say - If LEAD exists - PATH A

ELSE - PATH B - Search Contact?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Saastronomical ,

Could you provide more hint because I cannot find an option to do that? Here is our workflow:

1. Visitor submit data via Gravity Form
  2. Check email in Salesforce Lead object
    1. If not existing, create new Lead
    2. else continue to check email in Salesforce Contact object
      1. if not existing, create new Lead
      2. else update information

I cannot find the way to do with Zapier Filter app.

Regards,
Nguonchhay

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey, So with paths - You would be able to choose the path based on the result here.  Sorry - I should have sent you to the help article - My bad:

https://zapier.com/paths

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Great! No problem. Let us know how you get on!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Saastronomical ,

I just quick look to Zapier account. It is a starter plan. For the professional plan, are there any demo accounts for testing? I want to proof it first before making suggestion to manger to upgrade an existing account.

Regards,
Nguonchhay

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes. Zapier actually lets you test it out and build your entire flow using paths, so you can see if it would work as a POC, from there you can purchase the appropriate plan before turning it on

Userlevel 1

Hi @Saastronomical ,

I mean we already have an account as Starter plan with Zapier but the Path that you mentioned is only for Professional plan. So I want to have a place to test whether it is fit our workflow before making the suggestion. Is that possible to have that kind of option?

Regards,
Nguonchhay

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I think you can though. What happens when you try to add a path?