Best answer

All Day Event for Google Sheet -> Google Calendar

• 5 December 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

I have a zap that works based off a Google Form that populates a google sheet. The form is taking submissions for events, that the submitter selects a date or date range for. That could be a 1 day, or multi-day event.

My Zap reads the spreadsheet on the addition of a new row, and based on that it creates a google calendar event.

The problem I cannot seem to solve. The incoming dates are formatted like:

start: 2019-12-05

end: 2019-12-07

When the event is created in google cal, a multi-day event like the above only shows for the 05-06 date - exclusive of the 07 date.

In the case of a single day event, it does not trigger as "all day" in google cal - just a time range...

There is some documentation about how to overcome it - but it seems to rely on the source being modified to set the end date +1 days ahead. I can't really affect that incoming date - so is there a way on the Zap side that I can ensure that the date range submitted is:

1. inclusive of the dates submitted
  2. all day events, not set to default start/end dates

Attached is a screenshot of the date part of the calendar event setup.

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 1.55.23 PM.pngTIA!

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 5 December 2019, 20:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @mmorton

While you might not be able to control the incoming end date, inside the zap you can add a "Formatter->Date/Time->Add/Subtract" time step and add +1 day to the end date. Then you'll be able to follow the workaround you've found.

Userlevel 2

Whelp - that looked like it was going to work - but I only have a free account - 2 steps max 😞 Any other thoughts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@mmorton - While I'm no expert, you could probably use some sort of Google Sheet formula in a new column that that is "End Date +1 day"... and then have the zap use that.

Userlevel 2

That did it I think bud - AND there is an addition in the google cal app for "all day event" that either was added since I set it up the first time, or I missed it.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@mmorton - there is indeed that option. I was going to mention it before, but I wasn't sure what affect that would have when an event spans multiple days... I've never used it in that circumstance.

Glad it's worked out 😃