Best answer

Advice wanted for Splitwise Zap data

• 19 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I'm new to Zapier and have only spent a couple hours poking around so far I've been unable to find a solution for what I want to do yet, and figured i'd ask here in case i'm missing something trivial.

The gist is, I want to take an event from Splitwise (New Transaction), Filter any transactions that I am not included in (easy enough, filter on my ID or first name), and then use the 'Net Balance' for myself in the last step. I am having trouble converting the data provided from Splitwise into a format that lets me pull net_balance for myself.

Here is an example of the format I receive from Splitwise (with some details I don't care about removed):

users:

0: 

user:

id: 0000001

first_name: Jane

last_name: Doe

user_id: 0000001

net_balance: -10.00

1: 

user:

id: 0000002

first_name: John

last_name: Doe

user_id: 0000002

net_balance: 10.00

I want the net_balance for whichever user I am in the transaction (could identify by the id, or names). If my ID is 0000002, then I want a way to access the value '10.00' in my last Zapier step.

I thought i could do this with the lookup table utility, but it doesn't work how I expected (I can't find a way to create a lookup table from provided data in the correct format).

Any advice/help/shove in the right direction is appreciated! Thanks!

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 23 May 2020, 02:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @paigeeh!

At first glance, it looks like you’re getting data as line items. Outside of a code step, you could look into using the Formatter app, specifically the line item functions under Utilities. You can convert line items to text (and vice versa). You can also use Formatter to split text, which could help you out.

If you’ve managed to figure this one out, we’d love to hear about how you did it :)