Best answer

Adding Twilio "account" to my Zapier

• 16 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I have an old Twilio account that needs to be removed and new one in it’s place.  When i authenticate it I get this error below.

I am admin on both and have an upgraded account with a phone # and cc in place.

Any suggestions?  Zapier held desk is non responsive

We hit an error adding your new account

authentication failed: The app returned "The requested resource /2010-04-01/Accounts/support@iamacomeback.com/IncomingPhoneNumbers.json was not found". This usually happens when a field value used in this step is missing or we're unable to find some information in your connected app or service. Make sure that the information exists and that the field values used in this step are entered correctly. We made a request to api.twilio.com and received (404) Not Found.

1. Make sure you click "Allow" or "Accept" on the permission popup
  2. Double check your Account has the correct permissions
  3. Check out our help docs for more information
icon

Best answer by nicksimard 23 April 2020, 02:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Chris,

It looks like we'll have to dig deeper into this one, so I'm going to escalate this to our Support team. They'll help you resolve this issue in a timely fashion :)

I typically don't like to bounce users around, but in this case, they really will be the best ones to help you out. If it’s at all possible for you to update this thread once they’ve resolved that for you, it would be much appreciated! That way, anyone else who finds this thread will be able to benefit from the answer.

Userlevel 1

Hello @nicksimard, thanks for the help.  I have not heard back from staff yet.  Any ETA on that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @ChrisRager,

I see a response on April 19th and then a follow-up 10 hours ago. I can see that the emails were successfully delivered as well. Can you check your spam folder and/or do a search for contact@zapier.com to see if you can find that. I’ll post their response here (minus a direct link to one of your Zaps) but it really would be best if you could find their email and reply to it :)

Their response:

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble here, let's see if we can get this resolved, shall we?

I took a peek at the account and I can see that there are a couple of Twilio connections. Perhaps, we can get this resolved by a cleanup action. Kindly try the following:

1. Click here: https://zapier.com/app/connections
2. Remove the current Twilio authentication connections (all of them):

eda9d2db7a16845cf2b4ad9222977875.png

3. Click here: [link to your Zap removed]
4. And add a new account:

29353293b0998401a701db8ae47b8e74.png

If that fails, please let me know which email address you're using for Twilio.

Can you please give that a try and see if that gets things working as you hoped? Please keep me posted if it doesn’t—I’m happy to take another look.

Can you see if you’re able to find that email, and also maybe the instructions above will solve it for you. 

Userlevel 1

@nicksimard BRO HUG man!  :punch_tone1::punch_tone1:  That worked.  Not sure why it was stuck, but I am in business now.  Thank you!