Best answer

Adding items on multi-reference fields on Webflow via Shopify integrations

• 17 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Hey guys!

We are developing a project which is an e-commerce with Webflow + Shopify, and on this website, we also have a private user area that can be accessed if you have bought some product (we are using Memberstack for that).

To integrate all these platforms we are using Zapier, and until now all integrations are working fine. We only have one problem to solve and I want to know if maybe you guys can help me:

This e-commerce sells painting experiences, and when you buy a product, in your user area you are supposed to see the painting tutorial related to the product you bought. To create that we have a Users collection and a Products collection, and in the Users collection, we have a multi-reference field to the Products where I can filter what videos this user can see. I need to automate the process of adding the Products in this multi-reference field when I have a new paid order on Shopify, but I'm having difficulties with the Zapier integration for that, because I'm not being able to relate the bought Shopify Product with the Webflow CMS item Product (even though I have the Webflow CMS Products updated when a new item is added to Shopify, and I save the Shopify ID).

Do you guys have some thoughts on how to do that, maybe with other logic? To resume I need to add items on multi-reference fields on Webflow via Zapier when an order is paid on Shopify, and this item needs to be related to the product (same Shopify ID).

icon

Best answer by SamB 20 January 2022, 11:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @dudumms, welcome to the Community!

Hmm, it sounds like you might want to look at using a Formatter (Utilities > Lookup Table) to convert the purchased products in Shopify into the corresponding product IDs that Webflow is expecting to receive. You can find out more about setting up lookup tables here: Create lookup tables in Zaps

Hope that helps to get you pointed in the right direction! :)