Best answer

Adding a new column header in google sheet (Webhook + Google Sheet)

• 22 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone,

We have a Zap set up that is used as a log for creating ‘report cards’.  We are hooked up to SharpSpring and whenever a certain task happens that generates a ‘report card’ with CRM custom field data on it, it creates a new row. The zap is as follows:

1. Catch Hook
  2. Create Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets

I have it all set up so the google sheet is updated and working with all the current custom field information. For example we Have first name, last name, email, job titles, etc. These are all column headers in Google SHeets and are mapped to the fields in SharpSpring.  We have a new column header/custom field we want to add to this log. I realize that all previous rows added to the spreadsheet would have this blank, but moving forward we need to this field logged too.

From this screenshot you can see how I have already mapped some custom field data to put inserted as part of the row. I can’t figure out how to add a new field in here. How do I add a  new custom fieldnew column header to the google sheet using the Catch Hook feature without messing up everything thats already set up and working?

Thanks so much for your help

icon

Best answer by steph.n 24 August 2020, 22:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @BYK, I see you were in contact with Justin from Zapier Support. So that the answer is shared with the community, here’s what he said to you:

If you'd like to add in a column header, i'd actually recommend to do this outside of the Zap. Adding a column using a Zap can get pretty complicated and would require certain features from SharpSpring that doesn't exist. Essentially, you'll need to do two things:

1. You'll need to first create the column in your Google Sheets

(view larger)

2. Next, you'll need to send a new record through SharpSpring with the new custom field. Click on Load More to get the latest record:

(view larger)

3. And finally, you'll map in the new custom data field into your new column in Google Sheets. If you don't see your field, be sure to click on the Refresh Fields button at the bottom:

(view larger)

Please let us know if you have any further questions!