Best answer

Add Cost Product Shopify and Customizable Packaging Slip Email Order

• 31 March 2021
  • 8 replies

Hello, 

Is it possible to add the field PRODUCT COST on the Order Email when Shopify Order is Made? I don't see the variant Cost as an option to be included.

Also, can I add a customizable (product/customer information) packaging slip on this email as an attachment to be sent on this same ORDER EMAIL ?

Thanks!!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 31 March 2021, 19:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ToiAna 

Shopify returns a lot of different data points.

Make sure to scroll/scan thru each as it may go by a different name internally than what you are searching for.

Perhaps the “Line Items” Variant.

Thanks for your quick reply.

but it's not there. Perhaps because it pulls information from the Paid order, and the cost is not on the order. 

Any idea how to include the cost?

Also, I need a customized packing slip with the order information to be sent on the same email.

If anyone has an idea how to do it, pls let me know….

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ToiAna 

Perhaps adding a Shopify Search step to find the desired data point?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ToiAna 

You can use GDocs to create a GDocs Template: https://zapier.com/blog/create-autopopulate-google-docs-template/

Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Thank you!

ToiAna how did that work out for you? 

Userlevel 1

@ToiAna

You can use GDocs to create a GDocs Template: https://zapier.com/blog/create-autopopulate-google-docs-template/

How would one go about being able to pull from these costs/ templated costs based on the products that are being purchased. The purchases are dynamic and constantly changing. Any help is appreciated. I am new to call this.

Thanks,

Ryan

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @oshaugry, hope you’re well!

I believe the gist of Troy’s recommendation is to use a Find Product Variant action to pull the Product Variant data points, which can include more information than a more general trigger like New Paid Order. 

From there, I believe we would want to take the variant and order data and create a Google Doc using a template. That document could then be uploaded as an attachment to the email we’re looking to send.