Best answer

ActiveCampaign Find Contact step not returning all fields

• 4 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Hey guys,

The step “Find contact” from ActiveCampaign is only returning about 14 ish fields, we have definitely more than 14. And 99% of those fields are regular text fields. 

Does someone else have this issue too? It’s frustrating because I literally need 1 more field but the API isn’t pulling all of them in.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 4 March 2021, 14:03

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @robinwesley,

Sometimes the fields are labelled according to their ID, which means if a field name is “Phone Number” and its ID is “XYZ1234”, you will only see XYZ1234 in return. So I’d advise you to do the following to get this resolved:

• Add an identifiable value (maybe add 8881234567) in that custom field for a particular contact
  • Make a test search in the Zapier’s Active Campaign Find Contact action for that contact
  • Now in the returned data search the custom field’s value instead of the field name. 

Hopefully, this will resolve the issue.

If the returned data doesn’t contain that field, you can make an API call to do just that, and that’ll deliver all the data about any contact.

I’m having the same issue. I have a field “Total Deals” for contacts as a text record. The field has either 1, 2, 3, or 4+. When I try to use the “find contact” option in Zapier, it returns most of my custom fields, but not all of them, like it hits a limit or something. There’s no rhyme or reason as to why some are returned and others are not. I tried giving a contact that I’m testing with a custom field value of “icanhasdeals” but when I search this value nothing comes up. At a loss here as to why this is missing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Party Headphones!

I see a feature request here on my end to include custom fields in the Find Contact action, and also a comment that another user saw some custom fields but not all of them (much like what you’re experiencing). 

I've gone ahead and added your vote for that feature. We'll let you know via email when that's been implemented.