Best answer

Accessing a file on a shared Onedrive (not owned by me)

• 20 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

hi,

I subscribe to a service that provides business related information a few times a week.

The pdfs are uploaded by the provider to their onedrive.

They then send me a link to a specific password protected onedrive shared folder containing the new file (this link/folder location never changes)

I would like to use Zapier to auto detect when a new file is uploaded into the providers shared folder (using the password provided by them) and to copy it to a google drive folder that I own.

The problem that I have currently is when I set up the action with Zapier it asks me for the full credentials (user, password) for onedrive. I don’t have that - I h\ve the shared folder password only.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 21 May 2020, 13:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

You’ll probably need to be a user in that OneDrive account with access to that folder. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@thefireescaper 

From personal experience, you can’t use Zapier’s OneDrive integration to detect new files in a folder shared with you.

The only workaround is to create the folder under your account, share it with whoever, and have them put the files in there - Zapier will trigger off that.

Userlevel 1

Thank you both for your assistance and insight on this query.