Best answer

Ability to vary the content in an email based based on non-qualitative data from a trigger.

• 28 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Im looking for the ability to vary the content in an email based based on non-qualitative data from a trigger.

When I say non-qualitative I mean: I dont want the trigger to be the source of the content which the email uses. so:

IF trigger value A = 1 then put ‘A bit of content’

IF trigger value A = 2 then put ‘A different bit of content’

I dont want to have to send ‘A bit of content’ and ‘A different bit of content’ in the trigger

I hope this makes sense

Currently I see 2 options:

• Create a ‘path’: Super arduous as potentially have to manually copy over and maintain any additional settings and steps following the email
  • Use Zapier Storage: I could use Zapier storage by setting up a seperate Zap which defines a value using a Google sheet, then call upon that value in my main Zap, but this seems very round about.

I feel like I am missing something, I assumed there would be a Zapier utillity where you can add written content to a step and then push that value to furthr steps if corrisponding criteria is met (or maybe just a way to write in Zapier storage values manually?)

Help greatly appreciated

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 28 February 2021, 18:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Max Pownall 

Try the Formatter > Utilities > Lookup Table

Or you could use a GSheet as a Lookup Table using a Find Row step in the Zap.

Userlevel 1

Yay! Troy you're a star. Exactly what I wanted :grin: Thank you.