Best answer

A zap that gets outlook calendar to create an event in a shared meeting room calendar.

• 8 April 2020
  • 8 replies

I am trying to create a zap that results in a new event being created to book a conference room in outlook. 

It is a 2 step zap (the first step I have figured out). 

Trigger: A new Calendar event is created in outlook (this actually occurs outside of the zap as a sync from from other software).

Zap step 1: a meeting for is created in Gotomeeting, then 

Zap Step 2:

Either the gotomeeting info is added to the outlook calendar event AND then the zap invites the conference room

OR

Or a new calendar event is created in the calendar for the conference room (with all of the data from the original outlook event and the gotomeeting).

Bottom line is that ti cannot figure out how to get Zapier to create an outlook calendar event in a calendar other than my default calendar.  Or alternatively to create a zap that adds an invite to another user (calendar).

icon

Best answer by steph.n 2 June 2020, 08:01

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there,

In order to see other calendars, you may need to check the Calendar Group field first:

Can you check there to see if there are any groups that would help you get access to other calendars?

Otherwise, would you be able to add the people as attendees instead of adding it to their calendar:

Thank you for the reply.  The meeting room doesn’t show up as an option under calendar groups. I think that inviting it as an attendee would work ...But I’m not seeing the “Attendees” field.  The last two fields that I see are “description and then “show me as Free or Busy”  there is no “attendees” or “location” field available.  

Hang on.  Retrying using the office365 app instead of outlook

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @LSN did switching to Office 365 do the trick?

I almost got there with the office 365 app.  So close….  but office 365 doesn’t list shared resources (meeting rooms) with the available calendars.  I tried the second suggestion that you offered (to add the meeting room as an attendee), but when the attendee is a meeting room office strips out anything that is entered in the “description” field … so there is no way to include the gotomeeting data into the event.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

but when the attendee is a meeting room office strips out anything that is entered in the “description” field

Hmm, that’s odd, I wouldn’t expect it to do that. It might be that this isn’t possible, but I’m going to ask a member of the Support Team to take a closer look at your Zap to see if there’s any way around this. Someone will be in touch via email as soon as possible. 

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@LSN - Thanks for being patient! It seems that the team identified this a feature request. 

I've gone ahead and submitted this as a feature request to the team in charge of this integration on your behalf.

While not all feature requests are implemented, customer feedback like this is a huge part of how we continue to grow our platform. If this feature does get developed, we'll reach out to you directly to let you know!