Best answer

401 authentication failed error when connecting to Revue

Userlevel 1

Can anyone tell me why I keep getting this error when trying to connect to my Revue account?

icon

Best answer by SamB 10 March 2022, 11:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

115 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to pop in here to share a quick update. The bug is still open, but appears to only be occurring for Revue accounts that have not been verified yet.

To get your account verified you would need to follow the steps in this Revue Help Center article, to submit a subscriber list. Uploading your subscriber list to Revue will trigger the authentication process which will submit your account for review. The review process can take up to 24 hours once you have submitted your account. 

If you’re running into any issues uploading the subscriber list I’d recommend reaching out to Revue’s support team for further assistance.

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You got it, @Alchemy! You’re good to go. 

Same issue, please add me to the list!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Of course you can, @FahadA! I’ve just added you now. We’ll be sure to let you know by email the minute this has been resolved. :slight_smile:

Hello, I’m facing the same issue!

Can I also be added to the list please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@smithgp27 and @ishkaev.com, thanks for reaching out. I’ve added you both to the list of impacted users! We’ll email once there’s a fix in place. 

Some users have had some success reaching out to the Revue team with this issue! I might be worth reaching out to them directly.

I have the same issue. Can you add me to the list of affected users as well please?

I am also experiencing this same issue. What should I do here?

I'm facing the same problem. Add me 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sure thing @therajatg! I’ve added you to the list of affected users as well. We’ll be in touch with any updates as they happen! :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing that, @SheenaLevi! So glad to hear that worked for you! 

I too need to integrate zapier with revue and facing the same issue. Can you add me to your list too?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for sharing that, @SheenaLevi! So glad to hear that worked for you! 

UPDATE! I reached out to Revue and they had a solution that worked for me that I thought I'd share...

In order for the API number to work we need to authenticate your account. The authentication process is new.

To begin the authentication process, you will need to upload a subscriber list via the Revue Import system. 

(Here's how to do that: http://help.getrevue.co/en/articles/4759205-how-to-add-subscribers-to-your-newsletter)

Please, provide as much detail as possible about your current subscriber source and how you grew your list.
Once approved, you'll receive API access.

I just re-uploaded the same list of people who had already subscribed, and that worked. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @duyontheway. I’ve added you to the list of affected users too!

I have the same issue :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Of course, @ElyesMaghrebi! You’ve been added to the list of affected users.

Please add me to the list also. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You got it, @adminWOS! I’ve got you added and we’ll be in touch once there’s a fix. 🙂

Can anyone tell me why I keep getting this error when trying to connect to my Revue account?

Hi @SamB! I’m also affected by this issue. Can you please add me to the list too please. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @jimc! Happy to confirm that I’ve added you to the list of affected users too. We’ll be in touch as soon as we have any updates on this! :slight_smile:  

Hello all, could you add me on the list of affected users please. thx

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there @SheenaLevi, @adrienla, @alexhillman, @aidan! Thanks so much for reaching out. I’ve got you all added to that report.

While I wish had better news, at the moment we don’t have an ETA. That said, we’ll be sure to update here and send an email as soon as the Revue app developers have implemented a fix for this!

Just hit this issue and was appalled to see the # of people commenting here and that it’s been 2+ months and still no fix.

Is there ANY workaround for this or is Revue connection effectively broken until this is fixed?

Bummed to see that this has been an ongoing issue, I’m running into it too!

Please add me to the list of affected users. 

Hi
Same for me. I got a 401 error when trying to connect Revue app.