Best answer

How do I associate Specific Docusign agreements to specific collections after Shopify purchases?

Userlevel 1

Hello there.  Looking for help with this specific issue:

I need a shipping agreement signed by customers who purchase certain products in my store.  It’s been working like this:

1.  New customer purchase via Shopify.
  2. Zapier tells DocuSign to send out my template to the customer for signature.

That’s all fine, but I would really like to be able to ONLY send this form/agreement to people who buy products in a specific collection.  And would like to possibly set up a different form to go out for another collection.  I see that there are filters I can add to the end of my zap, but nothing looks like it will filter for collections.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated - I can’t find any way to contact Zapier support.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 24 May 2022, 13:21

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Amanda - Pool Nation 

Good question.

Try adding a Filter to your Zap as Step 2: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

There would need to be some data point or set of data points that indicate a collection sent from Shopify as part of the Zap trigger data.

###

FYI: Here’s how to submit a ticket to Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Amanda - Pool Nation! Just wanted to check in here and see if you were able to get your Zap up and running? Let us know if you still need help working through this 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hi There - No, I did not.  But my work around was just to combine the documents and let the customer which part they need to read and sign.  Not ideal, but will work for now.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Amanda - Pool Nation!

I’ve had a think about this and there is a way that you can send a specific document based on the collection that the item is in. If the Shopify trigger doesn’t give you the collection of the item, you’ll need to create a lookup table that matches the item to the collection, which will then match the Form that you want to send them using Docusign. 

In the Docusign step, instead of choosing a template from the dropdown list, you use a custom value, which means that the Zap will use whatever that value is each time the Zap runs. It’s important that you use the template ID in the custom field and not the name of the template. The ID is the long string of letters and numbers that I’ve marked with an arrow in the image below. 

What you need is a way of telling the Zap ‘if this product comes up, use this template ID in the Docusign step’, that’s where a lookup table comes in. Zapier does have a way to create a built in lookup table using Formatter by Zapier, but it’s pretty basic, so I’d recommend using an app to create it. Personally, I would use Airtable for this as it’s designed to be used more as a database, but you can also use a spreadsheet app like Google Sheets. If you’ve not used Airtable before, it can be a little confusing to begin with, so I made a quick video showing how to make the type of thing that you would need for this Zap: 

Putting that all together, your Zap would look a bit like this:

1. Shopify - New Order
  2. Airtable - Find Record (finds the product bought and returns all of the details including collection and template ID)
  3. Filter - Only continue Zap if ‘Collection’ is (whichever collections need forms) 
  4. Docusign - Create Signature Request (use the template ID from the previous step as a Custom Value for the Templateid field)

I hope that all makes sense, let us know if you have any questions!