Best answer

How can I trigger my Zap based off a particular form field response?

I want to connect google forms to another software application, but rather than having a zap triggered when someone fills out the form in general, I want a zap triggered by the response to a particular field within the form. In other words I’m hoping a specific response to a field (numerical, in this case) within the form can cause a reaction depending on the response, in the other application.

Not sure if this is even possible?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 9 July 2022, 02:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @kwstudio ,

If you’re looking for a solution that triggers only when a certain field has a certain value, it would be better to use Airtable.

Airtable has in-built automation with conditional logic which you can use to create a new row in Google Sheets when a field in a record (row) has a certain value, and the new Google Sheet row can then trigger a Zap.

You can do this by sending your Google Form responses to Airtable and create a separate GSheet for receiving the new rows from Airtable.

Best Regards,
Pam.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @kwstudio

Were you able to try out Nick’s suggestion?

Another option (depending on the type of Zapier account you have) would be to use Paths by Zapier, which lets you set up different actions in the Zap depending on the conditions that you set. Let us know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @kwstudio!

This should be possible :)

You can add a Filter by Zapier step into your Zap that checks to see if your field contains the value you want.

For example, if I wanted to make sure that this Zap continued when the sender was a particular person, I could do this:

In your case, you would choose the form field on the left, pick the appropriate condition (could be the one I chose above) then add the value on the right.

Hope that helps!