Looking to get website screenshots or generate images from templates? Check out these apps!

• 29 October 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

This week’s Workflow Wednesday article is going to be a little different. Rather than dive into a particular workflow I’m going to highlight some interesting apps I found in our directory. More specifically, these are triggers and actions that enable you to do some pretty nifty things with images/screenshots.

NOTE: I haven’t necessarily tried all of these extensively, it’s not an endorsement of these particular apps, and this is by no means an exhaustive list. I just thought these could be handy for some of you.

CloudConvert

CloudConvert converts files between more than 200 supported formats: documents, image, spreadsheet, presentation, audio, video and more!

Capture a Website

Creates job to capture a website as PDF or create a website screenshot as JPG or PNG.

No advanced features here but when I’ve used this in the past it’s worked well.

Pikaso

Pikaso is a tool that lets you screetshot tweets.

Screenshot Tweet

Takes a screenshot of a tweet.

Providing a tweet’s URL, you can then produce images in the following formats:

Bannerbear

Bannerbear is a service that automatically generates variations of graphic templates. While Pikaso above specializes in tweets, with Bannerbear you can design all kinds of templates then send data via a Zap to populate the templates.

Create Image

Generates a new Image

Some examples of templates you can start with:

ConvertAPI

ConvertAPI is a file conversion service which supports many file conversions from numerous sources and file manipulations such as merging, encrypting, splitting, repairing, and decrypting PDFs.

Convert Web URL

Converts a web page to the specified format.

Check out all the options you have for rendering the website image:

GetScreenshot

GetScreenshot allows you to take custom screenshots of live websites. GetScreenshot can send the resulting screenshots to your email address or it can pass it to other Actions.

Take Website Screenshot

Takes a custom screenshot of a live website and makes it available to Zapier so it can get passed to a following action.

Take Website Screenshot and Send It via Email

Takes a custom screenshot of a live website and sends it to an email address of your choice. 

One unique feature of this app is that you can choose a word from the website to highlight. Here, I chose the word Zapier:

And this is an example of what I got:

How cool is that? 

There are no doubt other apps that can do neat things like the ones I highlighted above. If you’ve got examples, I’d love to hear about them!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Nice! Thanks Nick!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Great post - thanks @nicksimard 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks @andywingrave and @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu! I originally started more broad with interesting apps in the Content & Files category but there were enough that did things like above that I decided to cut scope 😛 

Userlevel 1

OMG Banner Bear is amazing!  This is what I’ve been looking for (and also attempted to build at one point lol) for ages!  Could be a super game changer

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @gootecks@crosscounter.tv!

Awesome to hear that you’re finding Banner Bear amazing 🙂 There are so many interesting use cases for a tool like that!

Wow! Banner and coloring both are looking wonderful. I just loved it and need it for my reviews website.

Really Informative post, Thanks @nicksimard 

Awesome list of useful tools! I really like the BannerBear and have been using it for 2 months now. It save times and money to post some update on my Facebook page for my website. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Do you have a place to host the image after it is uploaded? Like do any of the tools host these images?