How to use Zapier to help you catch up after taking time off

• 21 October 2020
  • 2 replies
How to use Zapier to help you catch up after taking time off
Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi! I’m Janine, one of the managing editors of the Zapier blog. If you’re anything like me, one of the worst things about taking time off work is figuring out just how to come back without becoming overwhelmed.

We put together a list of five ways you can use automation to keep things under control so you come back to an orderly list, rather than an unprioritized mess. There are tips for saving and filtering emails, getting automatic summaries of project progress, collecting company announcements, and automatically updating your team on your priorities once you’re back (to hopefully minimize interruptions during those first crucial hours or days back).

5 ways to catch up on work after a vacation

The article also includes my personal favorite out-of-office trick: A repository your team can fill out to make sure you tackle the highest-priority things first and that nothing important gets lost in the sea of Slack notifications. 

Do you have any tricks you use to manage your re-entry to work?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Great post @Janine_Anderson - thanks for sharing!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Janine_Anderson and @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu !

If you’re interested in this topic it would be great to know what you think about using Out of Office Assistant for Jira. Sure, you would need to be a Jira user to benefit from it --- but if you are, then you would have a lot of nice benefits:

• A working connection between work calendars like Outlook and Google Calendar and work management in Jira, so that work is not assigned to you when you have vacation.
  • A process to still make progress on work that you can’t tackle, by delegating to a deputy owner while you’re away
  • A full list of the work that has been reassigned, so that you can go back and pick things where they are.

What we use is a small plugin for Jira that you can check over here and try for free.