5 things to do before going out of office

• 2 April 2021
  • 2 replies
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  • Zapier Staff
  • 4 replies

Hi there! This is Deb, from the Zapier blog. As the possibility of real vacations gets closer, it’s good to start thinking about how you’ll prepare for any upcoming time off. Because the point of vacations is to not be stressed about what’s happening at work. Our staff writer Justin put together a list of 5 things to do before going out of office, and it’s mostly about making sure your apps (and Zaps!) are in order.

One thing I’d never thought of was making sure all Zaps you don’t need are off before you leave. You don’t want to come back to a bunch of automated Slack messages or to-dos that are no longer relevant, so make sure you turn those puppies off before you head out. Just don’t forget to turn them back on too.

What did we miss? Are there any Zaps you rely on for out-of-office time? Let me know in the comments!

2 replies

Tài chính cá nhân,giấy tờ, chứng từ rút tiền hoá đơn, vv..

Tôi cần rõ ràng mọi thứ 

Userlevel 1

Some recurring tasks, though, can wait until I get back. I don't want those ones cluttering up my to-do list while I'm out, but I also don't want to delete recurring tasks. My solution: schedule them for a date after I get back. This means I don't come home to a mess of overdue recurring tasks.

I do the same with TickTick 🙂! Would be great to automate that along the lines of: ‘set out of office time period → all tasks in TickTick tagged with #recurring are set to the date of return’.