Question

Email parser not extracting link to image attachments from Squirrelmail

• 31 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Currently our customer fills out a Help Form that provides the ability to add an attachment to the form, this form is delivered to our Squirrelmail account where we utilize the email parser to extract the information from the email and create a ticket in our Zendesk account. When an attachment (typically an image) is included with these requests a link to the image is provided in a separate attachment section of the email that the parser does not seem to be picking up, it does see identify an attachment exists however it does not identify the links to the images.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Decisiv Charles 

Can you please clarify your question?

Perhaps post screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured and include a specific example of the issue you are facing.

Hi Troy,

I am using IMAP to access our email account and identify new messages received and parse the content when it finds a message that includes an attachment. I can see where the attachment “Exists but not Shown” in this stage. 

In the action section of my Zap, I can not identify the attachment link using the Formatter with a text string.

So the question would be how do I gain access to the attachment or consume a link where it can be obtained from?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Decisiv Charles 

Can you please clarify how you are trying to use the File in the following Zap steps?

What is the purpose of the Formatter step seen in the screenshots?

Troy,

I was trying to use the formatter to obtain the download attachment link that I can see in my squirrelmail account, as you can see in the image it is actually outside the “Body” of the email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Decisiv Charles 

Perhaps consider trying a different email parsing app, such as Mailparser: https://mailparser.io