Best answer

Shared Dropbox files do not appear in Zapier for Gmail attachments.

• 23 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi all,

Title says it all. Looking to automate Gmail attachments saving directly to Shared Dropbox file.

Any advice? The shared file does not show up on the Dropbox file list in Zapier.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

icon

Best answer by EJR 25 August 2022, 05:04

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @jd2022 sorry for the trouble here! I am wondering: is this the issue you’re running into?

If so, let us know and we can add you to that feature request. If not can you clarify for us if you’re trying to save to a folder or a file? I was a tad confused by some parts of your message. Let us know!

Yes that would be the issue! Please do add us to the feature request

Badge +3

Hi @jd2022,

Thank you for confirming. I have added your email to the list of interested users for this feature, and alerted our team in charge of this integration. While I can't provide an ETA for when this new feature might be implemented, we will reach out to you via email once it is. 

That topic that @jesse linked above will be the best place to follow for updates so I’d recommend subscribing to that topic to keep an eye on progress. 

If there's anything we can do for you in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out. You can get some other ideas on how you might be able to use Zapier while you're waiting on an update here, as well: https://zapier.com/learn/101-ways-to-use-zapier 

I’m here for you in case you need more assistance on this.

Userlevel 1

@EJR I too am having this issue. My Zap was working fine, then Dropbox recently initiated an “upgrade” to our business account which migrated our team’s shared files into a different structure. Now, our team’s folders can’t have new folders created through our Zaps.

Could you please add me to the list as well? Unfortunately because this is a critical bit of functionality to our daily workflows we are having to find alternative services. I’d like to stick with Zapier if we can.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @bitbot 

I’ve added your vote for this feature request. We’ll keep you update via email once implemented. Thanks!

Has this been fixed yet?