Best answer

Can I create a zap that takes multiple WPForms uploads and write them to Dropbox? Today it only sends a .txt file showing the multiple attachments.

• 18 November 2020
  • 5 replies

I have a zap that captures a WPForms entry with multiple attachments.  It works great with one attachment.  But, I may have between 1 and 5.  When more than one, it sends a .txt file showing all the attachment locations.  How can I upload them all and forward them to Dropbox?

icon

Best answer by jesse 29 April 2022, 01:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Please provide screenshots of how the data is sent when there are multiple attachments for 1 form submission.

Here’s my upload form.

WPForm upload

Here is what WPForms shows in Wordpress.  The files are there.

Here is the details of the Zap.  Data In.

Zap, Data In

Zap, Data Out

see file_text

What was written to Dropbox, 1 file, TXT

Open up the TXT file shows references to the files back on WP site.

This post was edited by a moderator to remove or obscure personal informaiton. The Zapier Community is a public forum, please be careful not to share private/personal information. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Please provide screenshots of how the Dropbox action step in the Zap is configured to map data points from the trigger.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Just following up to wrap up this thread! If the multiple attachments are coming across from WPForms, unfortunately, there isn’t much we can do here. :( We would need to receive multiple file objects to be able to make this work. If you’re open to exploring alternative form apps (maybe Jotform could work?) that might be a way around this! If not, this would be great feedback for the WPForms team to see if they are open to changing how that data is sent across. 🙂