Best answer

Zapier platform problem: Cannot make static dropdown with key value pairs

• 6 March 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I'm building a connection on the Zapier platform, and I am trying to make a static dropdown with key-value pairs as per https://platform.zapier.com/docs/input-designer#keyvalue. It is not working

1. The simple example of ["one", "two","three"] does work, but the key-value pair example on that page does not work, even without the suspicious backticks. This is the example: [ '{ “sample”: “1”, “value”: “1”, “label”: “Pork” }, { “sample”: “2”, “value”: “2”, “label”: “Fish” } ]`

2. I'm not sure if the "sample" in the example is required and what purpose it serves.

Thanks in advance!

Charles

icon

Best answer by ikbelkirasan 7 March 2020, 00:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Charles_CBCPL Awesome, glad it worked! :)

Userlevel 1

@ikbelkirasan. It’s the little things sometimes… Thanks for pointing out my error. Everything is working as it should.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@jesse it should work the way I described (see the screenshot below).

image.png

@Charles_CBCPL - If you look closely, you'll find a comma there which makes the JSON invalid, that's why you see the red cross mark. Remove it and it should work as you can see above.

image.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@ikbelkirasan do you have any other ideas around this? If not, we're happy to escalate this one to our developer team. Let us know!

Userlevel 1

I appreciate your help, but your example isn't working either. I input it as in screenshot 1, then save it and I get a confirmation, but when I check again, it's gone as in screenshot 2. Thanks.

Screenshot 1

form-editor.PNGScreenshot 2

form-editor2.PNG

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Charles_CBCPL

The static dropdown can be declared with 2 methods:

1. Using an array of values like you've shown in the first example.
  2. Or using an object where the keys are the actual "values" and the values are considered "labels".

For example:

{

"1": "Pork",

"2": "Fish"

}

I'm not sure about the other way you mentioned because I haven't used it before.