Best answer

When I connect a new account, it's already logged in

• 9 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Zapier. I’m in the process of developing a Zapier integration, and have a small issue. Everytime I try to connect a new account (when building a test-zap) - I use this button “Connect a new account”:

Then for a short period of time, this window appears:

And if I’m already logged in, the window closes again!

To fix this, I can create new accounts in Incognito window - but is it possilbe to set-up the oAuth flow so that it does auto-log in to the already connected account (so the button can work as intended)? 

icon

Best answer by alexb 9 January 2021, 10:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You’re welcome :)

Well, I think Zapier can do nothing about this because it has no access to other site cookies or storage in your browser. So yeah, Incognito should be the way to go!

Userlevel 2
Badge

That is probably what happens, and in 9/10 cases I think it makes sense.

I will use incognito - but would love to see some kind of logout before trying to get the token.

Thanks again :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@alexb I think you’ll have to log out from your service before adding a new OAuth connection. I believe the reason why the window closes itself is that when you’re logged in, the API automatically calls the redirect_uri which signals Zapier to fetch the access token for the already logged in account.