Question

Show custom error message in case of 400 error code

• 21 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,
I'm trying to display a custom error message to the user when a service call returns a 400 error.

Indeed, our services return a 400 error code with a specific message.
Example:

{"errors":{"":["There should have only one occurrence of each language: fr 2 occurrences","There should have only one default language in Contents"]},"type":"https:/ /tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7231#section-6.5.1","title":"One or more validation errors occurred.","status":400,"traceId":"00-367e5cbb1a26ddb093fc31b10d23115c-53881c67df805217-00 "}

In case of error, the user sees only the title content. (only Admin can see the entire content result on the monitoring interface)
How can i do to show him the errors content?

Thanks a lot for your answer.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks so much for sharing your solution with the Community, @sociabble_dev! So glad to hear you were able to get this sorted. 🤗

Hello Danvers,

I’am using the developer platforms with CLI.

I have succeeded to solve my problem using the code 
response.skipThrowForStatus = true; and handling the error.

It’s ok for me.

Thanks a lot for your response and sorry for my wrong place to write my demand :(

Best Regards

Xavier Tessier

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @sociabble_dev!

Can I ask - are you creating your own Zapier app integration (using the developer Platform). or are you using a Webhooks by Zapier step in your Zap? If you’re using developing your own integration, then the best place to ask your question is in the Developer Discussion category