Best answer

Setting Up a Testing Environment

• 2 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

When we get new requests for Zaps, I want to set up a Zap pointing to my test server before I create a Zap pointing to production. I do this by having two versions of my Zapier integrations (1.0.0 pointing to testing and 1.1.0 pointing to production). The problem is that users can see the 1.0.0 integrations that point to the test server. Furthermore, when I finish testing on 1.0.0, I have to essentially recreate the integrations on 1.1.0 which opens the door to mistyping something.

Any tips or tricks that would allow me to create a test environment that would hide any integrations in development and promote my test environment to another version?

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 3 March 2020, 16:55

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @maxwell,

Happy to help!

I would suggest making sure your test version is currently set to private as that should prevent anyone who doesn’t have an invite link from seeing it. You could also rename your test version to "[app name ] test server" to make sure that differentiation is clear.

Let us know if the above suggestions are helpful!