Best answer

Paypal Integration via API

• 21 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

The standard Zapier integration with Paypal uses the IPN only.

Has anyone built a custom integration using Paypal’s API, bypassing the IPN?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 28 April 2020, 16:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hmm, I’ve not heard of anyone doing this myself. @ikbelkirasan or @BowTieBots have you ever created a custom integration for PayPal that bypassed the IPN) or know someone that has?

Could I ask why you’re looking to bypass the IPN? Maybe we can find another way around for you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Danvers Nope, I haven’t but it should be possible to build one for PayPal. IPN, according to the documentation, is just like another name for a webhook. The official PayPal integration doesn’t support any actions, so that’s probably why @svile wants to build a custom integration.

@svile If you need assistance in building the app, DM me more details about the triggers and actions you want to implement, and I’ll check the possibilities and get back to you. Thanks!

Userlevel 1

The Donation platform we’re using uses the Paypal API as primary means of communicating with Paypal, and the IPN isn’t triggering on these transactions.

We’re looking to add transaction data to airtable database.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @svile! It sounds like you might need to check with PayPal or the donation platform to understand why the IPN isn’t triggering on the transactions. If there isn’t a way to use it then as @ikbelkirasan mentioned, it should be possible to build something.