OAuth Access Token for AAD

• 2 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to make a REST API call to an app that uses OAuth2 for authentication AAD.

I need to generate an OAuth Access Token as an action before the next action to make an API call in Zapier. OAuth tokens expire so I would need to run it each time the zap is triggered.

If there are any documents or tutorials to achieve that please share on this thread, thanks 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Beenish !

We have documentation on how to do Oauth 2 in CLI here and in Visual Builder here. Note that the CLI link also links to an example integration.

It looks like you’ve started to set up the oauth in a visual builder app, including adding in some token refresh configuration. Is that working out for you?

Hi, @shalgrim thanks for your reply.

I’ve started to set up oauth2 in visual builder app. but when running the test I get this error Proof Key for Code Exchange is required for cross-origin authorization code redemption.

I think i’ll try with CLI

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @Beenish ,

Hm, I’m not familiar with that API. Do you have their documentation for how they do Oauth? Have you searched that documentation for that error message?

I tried a Bing search for that error message and it came up with quite a few hits you might find helpful. But if you provide the documentation I could take another look, too. Just let me know!