Question

Need help with creating a new Zapier Integration using Dotnet Core backend

• 8 February 2023
  • 1 reply

I have a Dotnet (core) application where I'm integrating Zapier. Now on Zapier's developer platform when I'm creating a new integration, the first step is Authentication where you have different types of auth, e.g. OAuth V2, Session Auth, etc. In my application, I authorize users and all the API calls using Dotnet's Identity Provider where I use User.Identity.IsAuthenticated to check whether the user is signed in and the Authorize attribute to verify an API call along with ClaimsPrincipal.

I tried all types of auth provided in Zapier's developer portal but it fails. I would really appreciate some input about integrating Zapier with my application

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

@Mark Jaskula I’m working on a similar integration for my job. I’ll be following this post for help and I’ll add anything here that I find!

As far as authentication goes, I have successfully configured API Key auth with Zapier. 

To do this, you can auto-generate an API key for each user when they create an account with your app. You can provide them with this API key and that’s what they will use to authenticate with Zapier.