Best answer

Is there away to create input fields for children fields in Zapier Developer?

• 24 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am trying to create a post request, but the api documentation requires two inputs (InvoiceId and Amount) that are within a subarray of an object.

(I am new to coding so my terminology may be off.)

I have attached a photo of what I am talking about. Basically, I need to set up an input data field for the two items under the Split object. Does anyone know how to do this?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 26 March 2020, 13:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I wanted to share the outcome of this with folks in case they come across the same issue. Here’s what @matthew  from our escalations team found:

In this case, you'll likely want to set up a line item group: https://platform.zapier.com/docs/input-designer#how-to-add-a-line-item-group with a key of Split and then the two individual fields included as children of the line item group. This will then send the fields nested as:

split: [
{
"invoiceId": 0,
"amount": 0
}
]

And it looks like this has resolved @jacob_nolley’s issue 🙌

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @jacob_nolley - Thanks for writing in!

Thanks for all the extra details. I’ve escalated your question to our team for further review. We’ll be sure to update you as soon as possible. Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge

UPDATE:

I tried creating a ‘Line Item Group’ input and received the following code in return:

"Only one customer allowed. Actual count: 0"

Any thoughts on what this means?