Best answer

Including node modules with grpc in CLI

• 23 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there, is there a way to include google cloud clients like @google-cloud/datastore and use them within zaps? I’ve tried adding the package normal and I get import errors in my zaps and also tried the --disable-dependency-detection and got the “build.zip is too big error”. 

The reason I want to use the official client is that the authentication is simpler for our internal stuff, but I can try using the raw http I guess.

icon

Best answer by aspiringpaul 27 October 2020, 18:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Awesome @aspiringpaul ! Thanks for sharing and glad to hear you cracked this one :relaxed:

Userlevel 1

Hi @Liz_Roberts, I actually ended up solving this, I needed to add some extra files to the .zapierapprc:

{
"id": 1234,
"key": "asdfasdf",
"includeInBuild": [
"node_modules/@google-cloud/datastore/build/protos",
"datastore_access_key.json"
]
}

I also found that it was easier to authenticate using a google cloud credentials file, rather than a separate private key.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @aspiringpaul ,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Tagging in a couple of our Zapier Experts to see if they might have any tips to share. @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu @andywingrave any ideas on this one? Thank you!