Question

How to implement multi level account selection while creating a zap?

• 28 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

My requirement: I have a web app which collects leads. Whenever a need lead is created in my app, I push it to my Zap. From my Zap I was able to send an email to my Gmail account with lead info. 

To fetch the lead info I defined my output fields, which looks something like this.

{
"name": "",
"email": "",
"mobile": ""
}

I was able to reference there fields in my email body. 

I have a new requirement, users in my webapp have their own clients. When I select an account, I need to show the list of Clients of that user and they will select one Client to move ahead. 

To achieve this I created a New Trigger to fetch the list of Clients linked to that user. Here is a screenshot of my Input Designer settings.

Here is the response when I call this Trigger.

[
{"id": 123, "contact_name":"John"},
{"id": 456, "contact_name":"Smith"},
{"id": 789, "contact_name":"Roger"}
]

I was successfully able to fire the trigger after my account linking step. 

In the final Zap, when I select my account, I’m successfully able to show the Client Names in a dropdown.

Here is a screenshot 

How do I pass the “id” in the next step? (Do This) when I send an email along with the Lead form fields?

Here is a screenshot of how I’m selecting the lead form fields in body of email.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @anirudhmaddy I’m sorry for the delay in getting a response on this for you. I can see that you contact the Support Team about this, and I think that’s the best way forward here. Someone will be in touch with you via email as soon as possible!

Userlevel 1

@Danvers I haven’t heard back from your team. Could you please look into it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@anirudhmaddy - Try setting the Field Name to “id” instead of “contact_name” and Field Label to “contact_name”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @anirudhmaddy I’m very sorry for the delay in getting back to you - we currently have a higher than usual number of messages in our support queue and are doing everything that we can to get through them. We’ll get your message as soon as we can!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @anirudhmaddy! It looks like you were able to work through this with our Support Team. Are you able to share what you learned from that conversation in case another member has a similar solution?