Best answer

How can I reference variables from Storage in the query my Zapier trigger uses to poll our database?

• 13 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I have a Zapier integration trigger that calls an endpoint in our API to fetch any contacts that were updated after a specific timestamp. 

A sample Zap would look at this list of contacts and add them as subscribers to a Mailchimp audience. The Zap also checks the timestamp on each of these contacts and compares it to the timestamp stored in Zapier storage. If the timestamp is later than the stored value, the Zap updates the stored value to this new latest value. This all works. 

However, what I don’t know how to do is reference a variable from Zapier storage in our trigger.

We need to pass this variable as a request body parameter in the API call the trigger makes to our database.

Please check the attached image to see what the API call looks like.

The variable in storage has the key “last_modified”. It's value is a timestamp formatted as a long. e.g. {“last_modified”: 1594624147 }

Cheers!

icon

Best answer by steph.n 22 July 2020, 03:02

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @GNG123 - Thanks for reaching out to us! To better help with this question, we request you contact Zapier Support directly. It helps our team capture essential information from your account and Zap so that we may quickly investigate this issue. Please use this form here to contact our team: http://zpr.io/t4NNK