Best answer

Dynamic field value not getting populated based on previous field

• 11 June 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi, I recently created a Zap integration app where the input fields are such :

inputFields: [ { key: 'accountId', label: 'Account ID', type: 'integer', required: true, helpText: 'Specify the account ID.' }, {    key: 'servicesId',    label: 'Services ID',    required: true,    dynamic: 'services.id.name',    helpText: 'Select the service.' }]

Now when trigger → services is invoked from the dynamic field it first checks if the account Id is valid or not and then calls the services of that account by an API call. I am trying to get the account Id entered in the previous field from bundle.inputData.accountId. But, the value i am getting is {{87463976__COL$A}} which I believe is the Raw Input Value.

(Note: When creating the Zap Trigger → Google Sheets and action → My App. The accountId field is populated by a value from googles sheets trigger).

How do i get the actual Input value from bundle ?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 20 July 2020, 11:44

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I think that we’ll need to take a closer look to understand what’s happening here, I've escalated this to the Support team so that they can take a look for you. I just sent you an email asking for a few more details and when you respond, the Support Team will pick that up with you via email.

@Danvers I have experienced a similar issue. Also from Google Sheets. What was the answer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @JohnCasey, I’m sorry that you’re having some trouble with this. We haven’t been able to get to the bottom of things yet - before I pass you to the Support Team, could I confirm that this is an issue that you’re seeing as part of developing a Zapier integration (ie as opposed to when using Google Sheets as in a Zap for another reason)? Thanks!

@Danvers I’m not sure of the difference, so let me describe the process:

In my integration, I have an Input Field called key. It’s type string and marked as Alters Dynamic Fields. I also have a Dynamic Field that passes the key to a backend service to look up additional fields.

const options = {

url: `http://mydomain.com/zapier/fields/${bundle.inputData.key}`,

method: 'GET',

headers: {

'Accept': 'application/json',

'Authorization': `Bearer ${bundle.authData.auth_token}`

},

params: {

}

}

I then create a Zap using “New Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets”. When I get to the Customize section of my integration, I select a value from Row 1 of the spreadsheet to represent the key, and instead of sending the spreadsheet value through, it sends the raw value to http://mydomain.com/zapier/fields/ as described above. If I enter the key manually as opposed to selecting it from the spreadsheet, it works fine.

@Danvers Is it worth me escalating this to support?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Danvers Is it worth me escalating this to support?

Hi John, it’s certainly worth a shot. I’ve gone ahead and escalated your ticket to support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Circling back on this in case someone has a similar issue. In this case @JohnCasey is building an app/integration for Zapier and ran into an issue. After some digging, the Support Team were able to get to the bottom of things:

It looks like you're running into a bug with our platform - where custom Fields fail to load if they depend on other fields that have mappings, which will be unresolved.

It's a tricky issue to resolve because a potential fix would require major changes to how the Zap Editor generates and allows editing of fields, so we would need to make sure that the fix didn't break existing Zaps and apps. Our engineering team has been digging into this over the last few months, and I've added you as an affected user to the issue report so that you'll be notified when we have a resolution or at least a progress update on it.

Has this been solved already, or is there some sort of workaround? Cause I seem to run into this problem as well right now. When doing a call exactly like the one @JohnCasey mentioned Zapier does not send the real spreadsheet value but a raw value like “{{125839611__COL$A}}”.

Circling back on this in case someone has a similar issue. In this case @JohnCasey is building an app/integration for Zapier and ran into an issue. After some digging, the Support Team were able to get to the bottom of things:

It looks like you're running into a bug with our platform - where custom Fields fail to load if they depend on other fields that have mappings, which will be unresolved.

It's a tricky issue to resolve because a potential fix would require major changes to how the Zap Editor generates and allows editing of fields, so we would need to make sure that the fix didn't break existing Zaps and apps. Our engineering team has been digging into this over the last few months, and I've added you as an affected user to the issue report so that you'll be notified when we have a resolution or at least a progress update on it.

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

I don’t know if it is related to this thread, but I have a similar issue with our Zapier integration:

until yesterday, all worked just fine, but starting from today, it seems that dynamic field are populated with {{field__ids}} and not with actual values (see screenshot).

Anyone can help us?

Thank you in advance,

Barmassimo