Best answer

Determine when the last poll date/time was

• 19 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

On a poll trigger, it would be useful to pass some form of parameter indicating when the last poll date was so that I can only load up records that were created within that range. Surely this exists?

My API supports pagination, but what happens when there are 10,000 records? Seems like a waste to page through everything each poll time?

What am I missing here?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 15 March 2022, 02:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there! I wanted to pop in and update this thread with the response provided from support in case it’s at all helpful! 🙂

We don't have a param like the one you reference. Instead what we usually recommend is pulling results from the past two hours. The reason for this is that it creates a buffer if something was to happen with our platform or the integrations platform. It's highly unlikely that it would take more than 2 hours for those to be resolved, so we should get any items missed while polling was disrupted.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @rev23dev - Thanks for the question! I’ve gone ahead and escalated this to our Support team to better assist here. Please stay tuned!