Question

Can I build a zap action that takes in data and converts that data to a defined JSON schema?

• 9 April 2022
  • 0 replies

I use software that allows edits to data objects via a JSON import function. It doesn't have an API for this import for various reasons that aren't changing for a while.

I'd like to build a zapier action that can receive data from other tools and then reformat that data into our JSON data schema. Then I'd connect that action to a dropbox (or other cloud storage service) file download zap.

This is possible to do with a dropbox write to a new txt file zap. That requires knowing how to carefully format a json file in the text editor and would be difficult for others so, I don't want to do that.

Is it possible to build a Zap Action for my tool on the Zapier Dev Platform that does this? My plan would be to build this action and then share it with other people in my professional organization so they can hook up their own tools as well and I don't have to support each individual implementation.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.