Best answer

Batching data export in one zap

• 30 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi There,

I want to send a batch of orders three times a day from shopify to my sequel program. 

How can i set up a zap which lets me send through a batch of new orders at different intervals throughout the day, and not repeatedly send through the same orders from ealier?

I’d really appreciate any help with this.

Thanks in advance :)

icon

Best answer by jpot 30 July 2020, 17:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hugh,

Hello! This sounds really useful, I hope you can get it set up. Do you know about Digest by Zapier? It can collect information throughout the day and send it to you at scheduled intervals. I think it can do exactly what you want. Here’s some information to help get you started: https://zapier.com/help/doc/what-digest

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Digest looks very good.

I think you could also use Delays, @Hugh.  They would queue up throughout the day and then run at the appointed time.

Out of interest, what is the use case for batching rather than letting them run rea-time (ish)

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the replies.

@Davidh88 We’re trying to batch orders coming through on shopify to match the rate of production for order capturing. 

Ideally we’d like to automate a few steps in our process and automated batching would significantly reduce the amount of time we spend doing it manually.