Question

Authentication by passing api key in header

• 13 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I am trying to authenticate with Monday.com using the api key but it fails with a 500 error see below

It needs to pass the key in the header  - I have tried

putting the key field into the HTTP Header tab on the request  section  - fails

putting the key field in the GET URL as a Query  string - fails

putting the actual key in the query string - fails

putting the actual key in the HTTP Header tab  - fails

I have tested the key with other systems and it works.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction

Thanks

Error message in all cases 

authentication failed: The app returned "Not Authenticated". What happened (You are seeing this because you are an admin): Stack trace: ResponseError: {"status":401,"headers":{"content-type":"application/json; charset=utf-8"},"content":"{\"errors\":[\"Not Authenticated\"]}","request":{"url":"https://api.monday.com/v2"}} at Object.throwForStatus (/var/task/node_modules/zapier-platform-core/src/http-middlewares/after/throw-for-status.js:7:11) From previous event: at executeHttpRequest (/var/task/node_modules/zapier-platform-core/src/execute.js:22:6) at execute (/var/task/node_modules/zapier-platform-core/src/execute.js:90:12) at input (/var/task/node_modules/zapier-platform-core/src/create-command-handler.js:29:14) at Object.beforeMiddleware.then.newInput (/var/task/node_modules/zapier-platform-core/src/middleware.js:90:22) at bound (domain.js:402:14) at Object.runBound (domain.js:415:12) From previous event: at input (/var/task/node_modules/zapier-platform-core/src/middleware.js:89:45) at loadApp.then.appRaw (/var/task/node_modules/zapier-platform-core/src/tools/create-lambda-handler.js:215:18) at bound (domain.js:402:14) at runBound (domain.js:415:12) at runCallback (timers.js:705:18) at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:676:5) at processImmediate (timers.js:658:5) at process.topLevelDomainCallback (domain.js:126:23) From previous event: at Domain.handlerDomain.run (/var/task/node_modules/zapier-platform-core/src/tools/create-lambda-handler.js:200:10) at Domain.run (domain.js:349:14) at Runtime.handler (/var/task/node_modules/zapier-platform-core/src/tools/create-lambda-handler.js:192:19) at Runtime.handleOnce (/var/runtime/Runtime.js:66:25)

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Commissionly  - Have you tried putting the API key in the Authorization header?