Best answer

App Approval Process by Zapier

• 3 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

About the review time or process for an existing app.

It seems that once you’ve submitted your app to Zapier, they will contact you within a week to start the review process. I do understand that this can take longer depending on the back and forth between myself and Zapier.

My question is the review process when your app is already approved and you want to submit a new major version for approval. Does this also go through the same process as the first time? I assume it will as they will need to test the new Trigger/Action or API endpoint that was updated?

The minor version (text update) can be updated and published and will be available in a few minutes / hours to your users?

Thanks in advance,

Have a lovely evening,

icon

Best answer by Zane 4 March 2021, 15:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Once you go through the initial human review process and get your integration published in the Zapier app directory, you won’t need to go through review again for changes. You can promote new versions at will. It’s up to your team to ensure consistent quality and reliability of those subsequent releases. We do have some automated validation rules in place in the platform tools to check for some errors and policies before you promote a new version.

I’ll also encourage you to keep an eye on the bugs and feature requests the Zapier team passes you that we receive from your users. You’ll find this in the Platform UI itself once you publish. Support impacting issues that go unaddressed may force us to remove an integration from the directory. In this case one would have to go through another human review before the integration could be made public again. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Zane 

Thank you very much for the reply and explaining in detail how it works.

Thanks for pointing the bugs/issues tab out in the App Directory. Luckily I did add that in my documentation when  the maintaining process will start :)

Have a lovely day!