Best answer

Add input fields dynamically after a dropdown selection

• 16 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello, 

I am creating an integration for my compagny and I can’t figure out how to add input fields dynamically. 

I will illustrate my issue with an example :

• I have a first dropdown in which I can select a user 
  • Depending on the user I selected, I have another dropdown with many fields like adress, name, date of birth, etc…. 

The idea is to be able to select as many fields as I want to edit into my second dropdown and generate dynamically one input field for each field selected to map it to a Google forms. 

I am able to create the two dropdown but I see no information in the documentation on how I can implement the generation of input fields according to a selection ? Does anyone have an idea ? Is there any other solution ? 

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Zane 26 February 2021, 22:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You should be able to accomplish this with dynamic fields: https://platform.zapier.com/docs/input-designer#how-to-add-dynamic-and-custom-fields - instead of populating a second dropdown with the custom fields available, you’ll just render all of them.  This is the standard approach and should yield the best user experience.  

Another option is a dictionary field, which would allow a user to enter an arbitrary set of name value pairs, but the dynamic field approach sounds like what you’re really looking for.