Question

Webhook and CSV

• 22 November 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey there,

Is anyone able to help me with my webhooks, please?

Currently I have a CSV file with multiple rows that I need to add to a google sheets doc. Following this, I have a zap set up that says when a new row is added to the sheet, send a webhook.

The thing is, I need this zap to be run ever 5-10 mins and it can have over 1000 lines. Is there anyway that I can send all the info in one webhook without using 1000 tasks every 5 minutes?

Or is there a way for me to send it as a json string? 

Many thanks,

Jordan

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @jordy1234 

The short answer is No, every row will be a different task. 

The question would be whether this is the right practice. If you tell us more about your workflow we might be able to help you

Userlevel 1

Thanks for this. I M trying to integrate our POS system with passkit and update customers points value after they have spent with us.

Ideally, POS would only export data that has changed but unfortunately it exports all members and their current points value. It’s just not a great experience if we only update once a day.

@MohSwellam 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Ok, so now the question is, what POS do you use? You export the data manually into a CSV? 

My workaround would be to use Airtable , use their CSV import Extension, add a Last Modified Field. Airtable will only consider the data modified if there is a change in the field. (Whether its a field you specify or all fields) then use Zapier to get said records (if you still want to use Google Sheets i mean) 

Userlevel 1

@MohSwellam 

we use idealpos. I can get the export in excel or csv.

ultimately I would love to move as many steps as possible. I would love for it to go from the csv straight to the we hook or app. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Ok, now the second question, what happens after it goes into Google Sheets? 

Userlevel 1

@MohSwellam 

i have another zap that triggers when a new row is added which then goes to a webhool

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Then my previous reply about Airtable would make more sense. You would use Airtable to drop the csv in whatever intervals you want, set the other zap to trigger from Airtable instead of google sheets. 

You will have much more flexibility this way

Userlevel 1

Thanks for this.

How would I automatically send the csv to airtable? Also is there a step guide on how to do the above?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If you share with me the API documentation of your POS I can check how you can send the CSV directly. But it might be a manual step where you download the CSV and use the Upload CSV extension inside Airtable. 

Userlevel 1

@MohSwellam 

the POS doesn’t have any API - It’s very old. All it does is export in .txt or csv. I then have to run a batch to send it to my one drive to give zapier access.