Uploading POST data as new file to DropBox

• 27 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

I created a web hook (instant) and copied the Zapier webhook URL to the program that will POST data to it.

When I test that URL in that other application, I get a “status:success” back from Zapier.

So far so good.

However, when I try to set up the Zap, Zapier does get the POSTed request, but it appears to be looking for a QueryString even though this is POST data so the “file” referenced is empty. I don’t see any parameters I sent in the POST data to select from and the “Insert Data: Catch Hook” is not select-able in the DropBox setup.

The format of my POST data (evaluated to work correctly at runtime) is this:

"--X POST " &
"--header \"Content-Type: text/plain\"" &
"--data upload_file=" & Base64Encode(file_to_upload)

I can’t use Zapier’s RAW hook since that’s limited to 2 MB.

Suggestions to make this work?

Thanks.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @Morkus ,

Can you share the screenshot of your Zap? 

Badge

Hi @Morkus ,

The Web Hook says “success” back to the application and the test in Zapier says it got data, but Zapier’s Web Hook doesn’t seem to know how to get the POST body using the url parameter.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @Morkus ,

The Web Hook says “success” back to the application and the test in Zapier says it got data, but Zapier’s Web Hook doesn’t seem to know how to get the POST body using the url parameter.

Okay, Can you show me test data of Trigger? @Markus 

Badge

If I enter the URL parameter (as shown in initial posting above), it’s not found.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @morkus,

Looks like there is some sort of limit and not sure how much. I tried to send 3 files in base64 text, sizes  were 2.44MB,1.88MB and 0.99 MB. I was able to receive the base64 text on Zapier for 0.99MB file. 

I suggest please reach out to Zapier team on this here

Badge

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated. :)

At your suggestion, I sent in a support request.