Question

Unable to see content or the thumbnail url server side

• 23 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Dear All,

we are building an application using a Zap that posts data to a webhook every time an Instagram post is created. I set up the zap and the webshook url, but I cannot see the content or the thumbnail url on our server side in the webhook.

When I check the zap history, I can see proper values for most properties for “Data in”, but for the content and the thumbnail url all I see is this:

caption: {{139215123__caption}}

thumbnail: {{139215123__thumbnail_url}}

How should I set this up so I can access these values as well, and then send them to our webhook?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey @mnagy!

When you see the text in those squiggly brackets, that means that there was no data sent in those fields from the trigger step.

Can you please try pulling in new sample data in your editor and make sure the fields that appear in that new example match the field names in your recent Zap Run. If they match, please re-map those fields in the Webhooks step. That should get things working more successfully!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mnagy 

When you see the {{variable}} placeholders in Zap Runs it means the mapped variable was missing.

Check the Zap Runs to see if those values are returned from the Zap trigger step.

You may need to remap those data points in the Zap Editor configuration.