Question

ThriveCart integration: Get a licence number from somebody and send it back to my customer

• 8 December 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi there!

I’m new to Zapier. To give you some context, I’m a reseller of software licences. 

Here’s my scenario: 

1. A customer of mine buys a software product on my site with ThriveCart

2. I need to get a serial number for the software from the software vendor (here’s the tricky thing)

3. As soon as the vendor give me the licence #, I send an email to my customer

Do you know how can I do this workflow with Zapier? I need to send some data to the vendor with infos like order#, invoice#, productType, quantity but I don’t know how ? A mail? A Webhook? A shared Google Spreadsheet?

Then when I receive the licence number from the vendor I need to send it back to my customer automatically.

What would be the easiest solution?

Thanks for your advices.

-Arnaud

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Just wanted to summarise the content of this thread for future community Members. @ArnaudP, please let me know how you’re got on, or if you have anything to add about this problem. 

• In order to get the License Number, we need the vendor to send us this data somehow - The best solution here is for the vendor to give you a public API that you can call.
  • Although Thrivecart doesn’t have any actions on Zapier, it does have a well documented API which we can use to send a webhook back Here’s some documentation https://apidocs.thrivecart.com/, if you can give us more information about what you’d like to do in Thrivecart once you have the license ID we can give you some more pointers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Regarding the API and passing data to the vendor, you should consult your developer.

ThriveCart doesn’t have any Actions available via Zapier: https://zapier.com/apps/thrivecart/integrations#triggers-and-actions

ZAP

1. Trigger: ThriveCart - Product Purchase
  2. Action: Webhooks (API to Vendor)
  3. Action: Gmail - Send Email (TBD if another email app would be used instead)

Okay Troy but which technique should I use to pass my vendor the data?

And next step, which Zapier/ThriveCart component should I use to handle the resulting License # and do something with it?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have your vendor/developer create a simple API that can be pinged to return a License # in real-time.

Hi Troy,

Thanks for your reply.

Today we have nothing. My vendor has an internal API that I don’t have access for now. My vendor is a developper, so we create whatever system we want.

In an ideal world, what would you suggest? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

How are you currently getting the license # from the vendor? (e.g. via email, portal, etc.)

Does your vendor have an API to use?