Best answer

Search Code by Zapier?

• 20 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is there a way to show and search all Code by Zapier blocks?

Thanks,

Martin

icon

Best answer by RonW 21 November 2020, 05:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello! I don’t think so, but can you give me an idea of what you’re trying to do, so I can maybe point you in the right direction?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Well, I have bits of code scattered in Zaps. Whereas I can search for Apps, I can’t search the code.

So, if I need to remember where something was (e.g. a technique I used) it is down to memory, zap name denotation, note making, or exhaustive examination.

I just want a list of all code blocks that exist and the code contained therein.

I recognize I can extract them from the backup but it’s an awkward hack.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ohhh! Well, then yes - Indeed! I have some good news.

You can search by using the search field in your Task history: here:https://zapier.com/app/history

You can also combine this with a date range or any other zap data you want by using the filters below.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Okay, that’s a decent trick, and good enough, thanks.

It does have some limitations of course:

1. It doesn’t show me actual the code block, only which zaps matched
  2. It doesn’t show me all code in all zaps, only those that have run according to filters.

Still, useful. Cheers.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Go to your Account > Settings > Data Management > Export My Zaps and save the file somewhere.

Open the JSON file in a text editor that can format JSON and format the file. Now you can use the editor to search through all of the code in your zaps.

I use Notepad++ with the JSON Viewer plugin to format the JSON file.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Nice! I’ve never thought to do this - That’s awesome! Thanks @RonW 

Userlevel 2
Badge

As I’d said when asking:

I recognize I can extract them from the backup but it’s an awkward hack.