Question

Refresh field button hanging

• 20 August 2021
  • 9 replies

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @GSM 

Best to report this bug to Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

(NOTE: I’ve noticed this issue as well and have previously reported it to Zapier Support.)

Thanks. Try as I might, Unfortunately, I can’t get support to respond to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @GSM

I’m so sorry you’re running into issues with the refresh fields button here. I can see that you reached out to our Support team about this and they came back to you with some follow up questions. 

If you’re still running into issues, can you please take a look for that response from them and reply back? I know they are very eager to help get this resolved and are keeping an eye out for your reply! :)

Hello,

Thanks. I’ve had no comms from support, so I can’t reply. The answer why may be below.

Here are some of the main the issues:

1. Refresh fields Hangs. Sometimes it works, often it does nothing and finger pointer remains static indefinitely. Only way to refresh trigger while working with new zaps and an integration is to delete zap and make a new one. The new zap will pick up the changes in the integration.
  2. I have needed to delete and remake complete existing zaps to pick up subsequent changes on the integration because it wont pull them in. Will pull in with a complete new zap.
  3. In the Zap - set up action fields can be greyed out and hang. Resolved by deleting step or complete zap and starting again.
  4. Test action can say successful and sample sent but doesn’t arrive. Sometimes zap will work anyway, sometimes not.
  5. Need to confirm my email address: Click to confirm = success but no email received, so can’t confirm changes. 
  6. Need to change my email address. Change email = success - no email to confirm, so I can’t change my email address. No issues getting emails in the past from Zapier or from the Zapier community using the same email address. 
  7. Whole thing seems buggy (if that’s a word)
  8. Strangely, set up a separate account just to test and everything seemed to work fine.

This isn’t every time on every zap, it just happens often and is time consuming to deal with.

I’ve been a customer for a few years and there has never been any issues on any zaps. Worked perfectly. So that’s great.

However, out of the blue, it’s been a problem making zaps with the above issues. Any assistance would be good, but as I said, I’m not receiving any support comms if there are any.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @GSM. Thanks so much for keeping us in the loop! This is certainly something our Support Team should be able to investigate for you.

I double checked on our end and can see one of my teammates sent an outbound response yesterday. It might be helpful to take a look in your Spam folder to see if the email has accidentally been sent there. If you locate our emails, simply unmark them as spam and move them to an alternate folder (Inbox, Zapier, etc). This should prevent any future Zapier messages from being flagged by your email provider. 

Another tip could be to try searching for emails ending in ‘@zapier.com’. Hopefully that will help you to track down their responses!

No emails including in spam. I have received marketing emails and community emails from Zapier. 

Just tested the a zap sequence I have issues with on another account which I set up to test, and the zap works fine.

There is clearly an issue with this account. How can I resolve this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @GSM,

Sorry to hear you’re still having trouble locating the emails from Support. They will be better placed to investigate this issue so may be worth reaching out to them again and asking them to CC in another email address that you own to see if their reply is able to make it through to that other email account.

That said, when you say you tested on another account are you referring to another Zapier account or is it a specific app account?   

Also, how many fields are there there on the step before you try to pull in more? If there are several hundred I’m wondering if that might be why it’s running into some loading additional fields. 

And can I ask if you’ve tried editing the affected Zaps in a different web browser to see if that allows you to refresh the fields without any issues? It could be that this is some browser-related glitch that’s happening, in which case switching to a different web browser may do the trick! :) 

Hi,

Tried various web browsers. Same issues.

I opened a completeseparate Zapier account just to test some of the same zaps. Everything worked fine!

Thanks.