Best answer

Long running job in the middle of Zap

• 23 May 2023
  • 2 replies

I have a long running job that I want to put in the middle of a Zap. The flow calls the OpenAI api, which can take up to 2 minutes to respond. Is it possible to make that work with Zapier? I have a few possible solutions in mind, and I’d love some best-practice advice:

1. Make an Action that creates the job followed by a loop with a 1 minute delay action and then an API action to check for results of the job.
  2. Make one zap that creates the job and stores any necessary carryover into an AirTable database, and a second zap that gets triggered by a webhook from the job server and pulls the necessary carryover from AirTable.

The ideal solution would be a combination of 1 and 2: a single Zap that “pauses” until it receives a webhook, but I’m not sure that’s possible. What would you recommend?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 24 May 2023, 03:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Elliot P 

Good question.

Maybe check out this app:

Thanks Troy,

That looks like it might help, thanks! The discussion also indicates that this might be possible with a sub-zap, so I’ll try it there.

Best,

Elliot