Question

I am unable to find Caspio column names that match my Gmail attachment

Hi,
I am using a trigger that will have an attachment from gmail and as action new record in caspio table.
But issue is when mapping I am not able to find the column names that my attachment have.

Can you help me with this.

@Troy Tessalone 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Harpreet 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have more context, thanks.

1. In this step I am not able to map.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

This is my error

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Harpreet 

I’d recommend using the Zap Editor instead of the Zap Wizard.

You can edit your Zap here: https://zapier.com/app/zaps

If I use Zap editor, then also I am unable to map and having these option avaiable to map

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Harpreet 

You can use the ‘CUSTOM’ option to map variables between Zap steps.

If you are not seeing a desired field from Caspio, then that’s likely an issue with how Caspio is configured.

OK, I am able to see caspio options but unable to see the gmail attachment columns which is an excel sheet

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Harpreet 

This is the variable to use.

NOTE: Must be SINGULAR for “Attachment”

so, I am getting file name as my result, not the values in the table.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Harpreet!

I wanted to check in to see if you still needed help here. I did some tinkering and I figured out a way to get the column names from an attached Excel file. It takes a few steps in your Zap, but it can be done :)

Here’s the gist:

Trigger: New Attachment in Gmail
Action: Upload to Google Drive
Action: Formatter — Utilities — Import CSV
Action: Formatter — Text — Split Text (get the header row)
Action: Formatter — Text — Split Text (get the column names)
Action: Wherever you want to use the column names

If what I’ve laid out above isn’t clear, please let me know!

NOTE: what I added in the Gmail step was to show an example of using a search string to only capture the attachments you want. You’d have to decide what to use there :)