Question

Hydration of an image file

• 21 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to fetch an image from a webhook. The image is stored on a WPEngine server and is open to the world. It would be the equivalent of accessing it a google image search. I am able to donwload it using a browser and also using Postman. There are no added permissions needed.

The hydration/dehydration documentation available is only applicable to Zapier Platform CLI and the tutorial below has a weird ‘Variable to map’ step which is not part of the step anymore.

Very simply, I am using Zapier to orchestrate a GET and a POST request. The operation is really basic (fetch a file and use it further) but it seems impossible to be achieved.

Please help! 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @giuffridait 

Good question.

Perhaps you can provide a specific example of an image your are trying to use so we have more context, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Hi @giuffridait 

Good question.

Perhaps you can provide a specific example of an image your are trying to use so we have more context, thanks.

Not a problem.

Here is an image example: https://xpai.io/wp-content/uploads/formidable/16/download-1-1-150x150.png

Here is what the result of the GET Webhook test: 

file: 

hydrate|||.eJw1jssKgzAQRf9l1qY18VF11127666LUiQmowQ1EROxIv57o7QMd3Pu5TArCKMdale6ZUAo4A4BKG0d1wJLJT15YnUzpr0-9kpM1pl-sjgeJY1yyrIkDIALYSav-VMasziAWmEnS837XV2rDq13tDMfGwvFepByMMp_MHrwWqHFxS9tdK4lxiHmkkieJiRGTkmVIiM0YfKSU8wilnvXTy3NrDvDJaH7JeHH5zToBrb3tn0B9BpHig:1oxBm2:C0dYIoHbDEhdI1uzpLgJ9r0bszs|||hydrate

Is there anything that can be done?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@giuffridait

Can outline the Zap steps you are trying to do?

For example, what are you trying to do after you hydrate the file?

Best to include screenshots of your Zap steps for context.

Userlevel 1

I am trying to execute a POST multipart/form-data request. There is one step in between the 2 webhooks but does not involve the file that needs to be hydrated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@giuffridait 

Perhaps try using the Webhooks app to make the POST Request instead of a Code step.

In the POST config, there is a File field.