Best answer

How to trigger a Zap when a specific field in Zoho CRM is updated?

I want to start a zap when a specific field (Lead Status) is updated in the Zoho CRM. 

An easy way to do this is by setting up a workflow in the Zoho CRM and sending a webhook but I have limited webhooks in the Zoho CRM and I need an alternative. 

Zapier offers to trigger a zap when any field in a module is changed/updated. Ex:

I want to trigger a zap when Lead Status is updated to No Answer.

→ I mark the lead status as No Answer → Zap is Triggered

→ Now if I change any field for that lead, (Name, age etc.), the zap will be triggered again, as long as the lead status is No Answer.

Does anyone know how to get around this?

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 8 June 2022, 14:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Another solution is to create a second field in Zoho that can act against the Zapier filter. 

Trigger: Updated Module 
Filter: Only continue if Lead Status is No Answer AND new field is blank
Action(s): Whatever you need it to do
Action: Update Module in Zoho (update the new field so Zapier knows this module has already triggered this zap)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @princysaini 

Good question.

You may need to log those values in an Airtable Base to check against as part of the Zap.

Logic: Airtable Find/Create Record, then Filter out existing found records.

Another solution is to create a second field in Zoho that can act against the Zapier filter. 

Trigger: Updated Module 
Filter: Only continue if Lead Status is No Answer AND new field is blank
Action(s): Whatever you need it to do
Action: Update Module in Zoho (update the new field so Zapier knows this module has already triggered this zap)

It sounds great. The only problem there might be with this one is that, the zap will encounter an error every time the IF conditions are not met and I’ve observed with zaps  that they automatically turn off if there are multiple errors.