Best answer

How to pull out Reserved Windows Characters of string

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, I am attempting to save files into a OneDrive directory. However the string that I would like to use as the file name has a chance to contain reserved Windows characters. Leading to an error in the step.

I need to remove the following characters from the string

<,>,:,”,/,\,|,?,*

I have looked at the Formatter step and can see that there is a replace function. I am wondering if it is possible to either input multiple characters into the Find field and have it search the string for each of those characters.

If that is not possible I can create several different Replace steps, but that seems like a waste of tasks. If there are any other apps I can use to accomplish this I am open to those as well. Thank you so much!

icon

Best answer by Walking Comfort 28 July 2022, 23:28

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Walking Comfort so glad you were able to find a solution! We appreciate you coming back to this thread to share your workaround with the rest of the Community as well. 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have found a solution to my question. I ended up having to use a Code step to trim out all the characters at once.