Question

GET Webhook (XML) trouble

• 10 March 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m working with a sample XML file, located here: https://www.w3schools.com/xml/simple.xml

I’m first using the Zapier Scheduler to grab data daily, then using the Zapier Webhook to make a GET request of the above XML File. 

Doing so returns this as the data, however one difference I’ve noticed is that food is now listed as food, food1, food2, food3 etc in the array. I’m not sure if that has something to do with the issue I’m having or not. 

Next, I’m connecting to an application (essentially a spreadsheet) which allows me to select the fields I want to map. The issue is that I’m having to grab specific values in the data dropdown (pictured below) so instead of it running through the entire array, and creating rows  for each item, it creates the same first item every time the scheduler triggers the zap. 

Hoping for some insight into whether I’m missing a step or I’ve done something incorrectly. Thanks! 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JylianI 

Good question.

In order for us to further evaluate and advise, please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.